Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 8-9 hours on my Z. I just started revving it out a little more before shifting. I have my throttle limiter set between 1/2 and 3/4. I get a buzzing noise in the upper RPMs. I don't know if something is loose or if it is the rev limiter. I don't think that it is the rev limiter because it does it in 5th also. It sounds like it is in the top end of the motor.

Let me know if there are some things I need to check or I need to take it to the dealer to have it looked at.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same type of noise, but found it to be the frame skid plate vibrating at higher rpm's. It also happened to a friend w/ a EX and PRM skids.

I loosened the clamps and fit in some pieces of rubber (I used a extra 6 rib serpentine belt from my Mustang GT; It works perfect ); and now it is quite as a mouse.

When it vibrated it almost sounded like a 2 Stroke :)

I am a Pro Armor dealer so email me at [email protected] when you need anything, and I can save you some cash :)

LOBE
~~~~~

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may be what it is. I just added the main frame plate and a-arm guards last week. That was my initial guess but I didn't think that could be it since I torqued the bolts. I will find some rubber and try that.

thanks.

I will get in touch with you within the next couple months to order a swing arm skid plate. I ordered my other parts directly from Pro Armor.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Z makes this noise at a certain RPM but I noticed it a lot more when I was breaking it in. I don't think its a problem with the engine I just think its a vibration point in the engine. Now that I can go full throttle I don't notice it since I get out of that rpm range faster. Its just an idea i'm not saying this is the problem. I also know that the skid rattles a bit, I have to retighten it.

My Vtec del sol did this at around 4k then would smooth back out around 5k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts