Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's pics of the Z without the guards. I hacksawed off the unneeded part of the bracket, filed down the rough edges, and painted it "Aluminum."

Sorry for the lighting in the pictures. The bright sun made them kinda hard to see.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, since the wifey got pregnant a couple months ago, I haven't ridden more than once or twice. After my last ride, I went over the whole machine and gave it a good cleaning. I mean I took the skid plates off, took the battery out, all that stuff... I'm definitely going riding this weekend, though, so it'll be dirty once again! :D :D :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
you should actually ride more before the baby comes out. then you really won't be able to ride.

with the heel guards gone, it really make the Z look "racier" and cleaner.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know I should ride now while I'm able. I've just had alot on my plate the past month or so. My schedule is opening up in Oct and Nov, though.

As for the look, that's exactly what I was shooting for. I think the guards clutter up the machine. It looks much better now. From a few feet away, you don't even notice the brackets still there.

Here's the full view. Not sure if you can really notice a difference with the sunlight in the picture.

·
Registered
794 Posts
It looks good but u reallly need some new pegs w/out the heel gaurds. It makes the stock pegs look tiny and crappy, or u could try painting the pegs aluminum.

Later

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks good but u reallly need some new pegs w/out the heel gaurds.  It makes the stock pegs look tiny and crappy, or u could try painting the pegs aluminum.[/b]
Yeah, I was thinking that, too. The pegs do look rather out-of-place. Seeing as I'm a poor college student, I'll probably try just painting them for now. I can't really afford those nice Roll pegs quite yet! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeh it does make the z look alot better without them guards on there cat good job. One quick question for you what kind of after market roter do you have Kentuckycat? It is after market right? :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just hope you don't run your foot over now that those guards are gone :eek: I've done it don't feel to good! :oops: Looks good though.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, yeah, that's the only problem with it. But like I said in another topic, this is the first quad I've owned with heel guards. I never slipped off the pegs on any of my other machines. I like the looks alot better, and the guards are not there to bother me anymore. It's worth the risk. :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update. Went riding without the mudguards. No problem whatsoever. I'm much more comfortable without them, and my feet never came close to slipping off. Even got a couple compliments on the work I did with the brackets.

·
Registered
138 Posts
wow dude, I did the same thing with my z when I put the nerfs on. At first I took the whole thing off, but the fenders were all over the place, so I cut the peices, and filed them. I left mine black thow. I should paint them yellow or something

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Yeh it does make the z look alot better without them guards on there cat good job. One quick question for you what kind of after market roter do you have Kentuckycat? It is after market right?  :D[/b]
DANG, good eye 8O

it would look really good if you got some nerfs now :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
i like the foot gaurds. when you put it in reverse in the mud they catch the mud that will be thrown all over you grips. i did cut the bottom out of them so they didn't fill up with mud. i agree it looks better without them but i hate racing with muddy gloves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts