Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I ordered my trinity pipe.. Should be here next week. When its time to take the plastic off, how are you guys taking off those black plugs that hold the plastic pieces together? (on top of the tank) Just prying them out and replacing with new? On my raptor they had a phillips head on em so you could just turn em out and retighten when done. but I dont see how that would work with Z seeing as it doesnt have a philllips or flat head.

·
Registered
773 Posts
you just push the middle in and pop them out. i think its harder to open advil bottles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plastic

Thanks for the help... I always have problems with those damn advil bottles...I didnt actually try it yet. I just looked at it real quick..Thats the beauty of having these boards. Someone has probably done it before you so theres no guess work involved. So you push from the top of the fastener? or are you saying from underneath.not sure if youll be able to reach em all from underneath. thx ..

·
Registered
773 Posts
nope, just like a button on a remote control. i use a small screwdriver to press them down. then to get them back in, make sure that you pull the inner part out about 1/2 an inch before trying to set it in the hole.

·
Registered
544 Posts
nope, just like a button on a remote control.  i use a small screwdriver to press them down.  then to get them back in, make sure that you pull the inner part out about 1/2 an inch before trying to set it in the hole.[/b]
yA HE IS RIGHT.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What I found to be the trick was to push up from the bottom on the point of the "nail part" while holding down on the outside ring on the top. Once the "nail" comes up/pops about 1/4" then just lift it out. Its very easy when you figure out the trick. If you dont hold down on the outer ring on the top you wind up just fighting it somewhat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts