Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i need to know all of the Z mechanical problems. i know about the cam chain, cam chain tensioner, the gas cap, i think the swing arm, valves, and what else? im trying to get all these parts changed before i bring my bike to the mechanic so i dont have them when i get it back

·
Registered
433 Posts
gas cap? do you mean the petcock

·
Registered
433 Posts
huh never heard that before the petcock it a pos tho

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know. i changed that out already. i got everything to change out what i listed that i knew of. i dont know what else is there

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
The gas cap is pretty much identical to most quads on the market today, theres nothing wrong with it.

The other stuff you listed isnt really "mechanical problems".

1) The stock cam chain is fine. Its a wearable item. It needs to be replaced once it gets stretched out.

2) The cam chain tensioner is ok. Most people prefer a manual cam chain tensioner so they get more life out of their cam chain. Not required.

3) Theres not really anything wrong with the swingarm, its just rather bulky and has pretty bad ground clearance issues.

4) The valves typically are fine, you will however run into issues with them if you do not regularly clean your filter. Again, its a wearable item, you will have to replace them at some time. The main issue with the valves is due to the 2 piece design, they have a tendency to tighten up (cup) after the coating wears off. This is usually due to improper air filter maintenance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
well there it the pivot bolt on the swinger get that replaced with a stainless steel one

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
They just get stuck, grease it and your fine unless your doing big jumps and beating the hell out of it, then get the stronger one. Just do your normal maintenance like cleaning, lube everything, and inspection and you should be fine. Changing parts before they are bad is a waist of money. If it is showing wear than replace it otherwise don't! The key is inspection, most problems can be avoided by proper maintenance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts