Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
You think thats real though or just a bunch of BS? Anybody could go make that chart up. Just a thought

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
intersting they left out the dale and bomb....

they are also trying to justify the high cost by saying that add-ons are not needed- saving you "$2000" - might be a better hint as to the price - my guess is that they used the dale as the target and to model after- so they will probably use that price point as well. Good plan, but target buyer is not going to be recreational rider if $8k+

In my opinion - if they are targeting the dale - they have missed the $ tree - people will trip over each other to buy a quad faster than the Raptor that rides like a Z (or EX) - for the same price or less -but $7k seems to be the limit for most recreational folks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably real - looks fairly accurate. Probably not repeatable with much accuracy though - way too many variables. Off the cuff - I would say it looks pretty close for the "known" quads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's the text from the latest release

"Right out of the box, Predator gives you more premium features than most performance quads. Instead of wrenching on your bike replacing stock parts, you're riding and saving money! Our premium standard features include, Predator's premium stock Maxxis Razr tires, aluminum Douglas Rims, skid protection, chromoly axle, and braided stainless-steel brake lines which all together are worth approximately $2,000. That's more money for you to go riding with your buddies instead of opening your wallet to upgrade a competitive quad."

·
Registered
773 Posts
i dont think its too much if its being compared to Cannondale. on the website it says that the cross country had $2000 worth of upgrades compared to most stock quads, this is the same idea that cannondale has with their bikes. id say that the $7K is for the standard, they will still sell, because they will still be cheaper than the cannondale.

also did you notice that there is no cannondale on the comparason.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Holy Cow..........I want 1
:

·
Registered
384 Posts
why the hell would you want one??????. the first thing is its a pooplaris and its a first year production quad of which they have never made. 2nd it is more than a dale....come on it wont beat a cannibal with remap, no fuel injection, no aluminum frame, no proven race suspension, and it weights more :?: :?: :?: . with a pipe and airbox mods on a raptor it will smoke the predator. with $1000 bucks of mods to our Z400 it will smoke and out handle one. now if they made the price less than a raptor and about the same as a Z400 they might get some sales, but i doubt it will be that cheap.

·
Registered
49,506 Posts
sand lovin- jealous are we? heh :roll: theres always gonna be bigger and better, just how it is. I think polaris made a great quad, that will probably be the next fastest thing. Z400 is still first year, you have one..who knows if it will be faster than cdales etc, time will tell. Samething was said from raptor owners about the Z...give it some time. But im keep fingers crossed that its 7k for dune...heh...well we will all know aug. 5th

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
its just marketing

·
Registered
384 Posts
sand lovin- jealous are we? heh :roll: theres always gonna be  bigger and better, just how it is. I think polaris made a great quad, that will probably be the next fastest thing. Z400 is still first year, you have one..who knows if it will be faster than cdales etc, time will tell. Samething was said from raptor owners about the Z...give it some time. But im keep fingers crossed that its 7k for dune...heh...well we will all know aug. 5th[/b]
jealous wtf are you talking about, im saying it is not worth 7k even with the dune package on it. its not as fast as a c-dale, not proven at all, and look at all the features you get with the c-dale. we need performance but we need to keep the price down
: . my points are valid, besides its a pooplaris lol. lets hope honda steps up, then well have a real competitor, or suzuki makes a big bore based on the kawi 650, or yamaha makes a 450 based quad in a ex/z chasis. polaris should of steped up with a built big bore not a built 500, sure its not detuned if its putting out 50hp, but just think if they used one of their big bores :twisted:

·
Registered
143 Posts
i don't think its competing against the z. this heavy ass tank is going after the raptor.

besides, i'd ride nothing before i'd ride polaris.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts