Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard Yamaha is right now making a new atv to replace the shee in 2006. Most likely it'll be a yzf 450 engine in a race chasis I have read. How do you think the z will do agains taht? I dunno if i should go for a z or wiat for that to come out!

·
Registered
51 Posts
actually the new quad will be out in 2004, 2003 is the last year of the banshee , and its gonna be a 426 ive heard...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only quad that can compare to a yz426 or 440 is the new crf motor and 265 powervalved 'rs.
Barely Legal-Think about this, you just got your new '03 z. Royal said that he's heard 2006 for the new yamie. That's only three years. I really don't think they'll come up with somthing better in the that short period of time. Maybe a downsized version, but i don't think suzuki will produce somthing to compete with its own z400

·
Registered
51 Posts
lol, banshees are discountinued after 2003, 2004 the new model is released, i talked to a buddy at yamaha bout it, :idea: he confirmed it, you guys are thinking 2006, 2006 is the year 2 strokes are banned on public land.... :evil: :roll:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Whenever yamaha comes out with a atv w/ the yz426f engine it will kick our dr-z400 @$$!! I hate yamahaha but they did a hell of a job with that engine, when yamahaha came out w/ that bike they had a team race it and it won the championship. (i think...) The dr-z400 wasn't made to race like that, but if more compettion comes out i think suzuki will come with something better to compete. Hopefully they'll have a little war and keep on coming out w/ better machines. thats my 2 cents

Later

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be right i dunno, I always though 2006 but guess not. O well 2004 is better! That means it'll be here sooner. So does that mean that it will be in teh 04 line up or the 05? I'll grab one of those suckers when they first come out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yea, but like with any ATV, they will downsize everything. Like the raptor, it could easily put out 50 horse, but is all corked up, so is the Z. I dont think the 426 will be all that it is jyped up to be. It will be faster, because of 26 more CC, but i think it will a lot of $$$ and wont be as fat as everyone thinks. Keep your Zs, they will be just as good. Rememner, yamahaha has always had sh*ty handling, who knows.

dave

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
yea, but like with any ATV, they will downsize everything.  Like the raptor, it could easily put out 50 horse, but is all corked up, so is the Z.  I dont think the 426 will be all that it is jyped up to be.  It will be faster, because of 26 more CC, but i think it will a lot of $$$ and wont be as fat as everyone thinks.  Keep your Zs, they will be just as good.  Rememner, yamahaha has always had sh*ty handling, who knows.

dave[/b]
Yes they do have crappy handeling but aint that why there is a such as aftermarketparts :D :D :D .I mean that engine produces 50 rwhp in a dirtbike but when they drop it into an atv it will lose hp so they just tune it up more to get more rwhp which will be sweet.Also what all the atv companys should do is just switch from carbs to efi which will be so sweet. By the way i have nothing against suzuki its just honda who sucks. Also why wait for every year to see the new atv's just cause they have more hp.If you do that all the time youll never have an atv so just screw waiting for the new yamaha and buy you the Z or if you want a yamaha buy the Banshee. Don't even think of a craptor cause they totaly screwed up on that engine cause it should have produced more hp for an engine of that size in a sport quad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
well said 350master, i see you ride yamaha and have no bias opinions saying yamaha all the way. State the best of both worlds. But just to say you can buy arms a crap, but thats $$$. It will already be expensive. just my $0.02.

dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts