Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking the plastic,tank,ect off to clean the carb, I realized the fuel only trickles out and only on pri . Started it up anyway and now it is at about half throttle instead of idling and when giving it more gas it still breaks up. So ordered a new z400 petcock only to cancel the order a couple hrs later to get a 660 raptor petcock. The raptor petcock should cure the fuel flow/backfiring past half throttle but what is the problem I caused that is making is rev so high (no idle). Last question the old 03 z400 is smooth on trails but the newer artic cat (same thing ) with the piggy back shocks is stiff as a board especially with my 120 lb son on it .I tried backing out the preload on the shocks but the suspension is still way stiffer then my pre piggy back shock z ?

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
If it is revving high it could be a tight throttle cable, that isn't routed correctly under the tank. Needs a bit of slack.
All you can do on those fronts is take out pre-load and back the compression off, other than that its a spring swap, or different shocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts