Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at ex riders website and ive seen it here to where people say that suzuki copied honda. If anyone wants the real story here is some history. Back in the good old days of Blackwater and JP racing when the aftermarket frame craze was just starting, Honda had people at the blackwater race asking top gncc racers questions. Steve Holbert had a quad that was on the front of Dirtwheels feb. 97 issue. Called it a 385ex. Looks to me like Honda did a cheap immitation of the aftermarket to me. That frame resembles a 400ex quite a bit, well as much as the z resembles the ex anyway. Oh well Honda was there and taking notes, Think about it ,aftermarket had round tube frames before honda did. Hey so did yam. and suz. Maybe Honda copied everyone else.Also the original suzuki, the first quad in history, had a round style axle carrier. I dont now why ppl are griping anyway because the honda and suzuki are as close to a high dollar quad that any company is ever going to mass produce, well beside a c-dale and they cost to much for there reliability. I know a top national mx'r and he has problems with overheating he said on his c-dale.

·
Registered
221 Posts
good thought, people over ther i think are just pissed because there is something better. if we didnt copy each other, there wouldnt be too many good quads to buy.

dave

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
yeah, I couldn't even post in the non-ex forum without getting flamed by all the haters in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok...how many other frame designs are their. Why in the hell would any company want to go way out of their way to design some totally different frame??? Why mess with a good thing.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If nobody copied nobody, we, the riders, would be getting the shaft. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.
peace

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have also read that the Z400 frame has more Purposely Placed Flex in it then the 400EX. This makes for a smoother ride, and is a modern upgrade from the Non-Flexing type.
But it was all summed up it the statement "The 400EX owners U-S-E-D to have the best trail quad." :wink: Give um some time and most will sell the 400EX and get the Z400. Not a lot of die hard 300EX supporters out there any more. Get my drift?

·
Registered
143 Posts
people will always defend their quad, even if it isn't the best. wait till a new sport atv comes out, and we will be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
so..

Suzuki made the design famous, honda took it to the top , suzuki now starts again making it;s original design, and all those whiners @ exriders are mad cuz the z is faster, and IMO , better, and like sam said , when the new quad comes out that whoops up on the Z, they will call us "the whiners @ z400central"

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Re: so..

Suzuki made the design famous, honda took it to the top , suzuki now starts again making it;s original design, and all those whiners @ exriders are mad cuz the z is faster, and IMO ,  better, and like sam said , when the new quad comes out that whoops up on the Z, they will call us "the whiners @ z400central"[/b]
Exactly. The 400 "used to be fast" back in the day. When it came out it was the best and fastest quad on the market. Now after 4 years and no upgrades to the air-cooled, de-tuned 400 engine the EX is falling behind. You all do have one of the best quads on the market at the moment. And face it, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, & Yamaha all excel in deffernt areas of their quads.
Honda- First large sports quad to be released. Great handling and reliablilty
Suzuki- Released the first quad ever (right?). Improves upon already great quad designs to produce a machine that will run with and beat the field of ATV's today.
Kawasaki- Making a comeback with the teaming of them and Suzuki. Make decent quads, utilities are very nice and at the top of the class of 4x4 ATV's.
Yamaha- Known for their power. Big motors in big bikes. They lead the way in engine displacement. Biggest 4-stroke sports quad (660), biggest 2-stroke sports quad(350).

Every company has its own innovations. And when the next big quad comes out that beats the Z everybody that owns one of the new ones will say everybody else is whining and it will always be this way. The guy with the big quad now laughs but who will be laughing when the new quad is released?

I think thats the longest thing ive typed in 2 months. Maybe that made some sense and I hope I helped. Just my .02 cents worth. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't even like going over to EX riders that much anymore, to them, if you don't have a 400EX you aren't worth anything. The 400EX hasn't been the best since the Raptor came out, I think its better than the 400EX because all I ever see is the 400EX guys trying to make there's better, questions like, "If I did (insert modification) would it beat a Raptor?"or, "I smoked a Raptor on the track today..." etc. all they seem to do is try and beat the Raptor. Anyways then the C-dale came along, and that was better to. Then the Z400 came out, and that was better also. So now all they have going for them is reliability, which in my opinion isn't really up to Honda's standards. The Raptor has been fixed of most of its problems, yet they still say that they are pieces or crap, which they aren't. And they are saying that the C-dale's aren't reliable because a friends brothers nephews daughter-in-laws niece's uncle said they were. And there have been people saying the Z400 isn't reliable, well so far the only problem I have seen is with the rear axle, am I right? So I have to say, that was a good first post for me, oh and this forum is way better than any others.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just a thought...Honda copied suzuki by addimg the fourth wheel
: .If honda never copied there would be no honda now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts