Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i have this z400 i have been having problems with
at first thought it was stock carb so i got an eddie for it that didnt work come to find out it was a bad pro-com box. Now it runs good untill warmed up for 10-15 minutes carb set 12 click and 2 1/2 out screw.
what it does is just stay reving real high un till you let it cool down for awhile
checked the throttle shaft works fine.
does any one think it could be stator?
any ides or pointers would be helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok well i have this z400 i have been having problems with
at first thought it was stock carb so i got an eddie for it that didnt work come to find out it was a bad pro-com box. Now it runs good untill warmed up for 10-15 minutes carb set 12 click and 2 1/2 out screw.
what it does is just stay reving real high un till you let it cool down for awhile
checked the throttle shaft works fine.
does any one think it could be stator?
any ides or pointers would be helpful.
list of mods
hmf exuast
eddie carb
high comp. piston
web cams mid race
heavy duty valve train

·
Registered
363 Posts
list of mods
hmf exuast
eddie carb
high comp. piston
web cams mid race
heavy duty valve train
Which web cam grind are you using?

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
The edelbrock is notorious for having a "Hanging high idle" do a search on here and you will find several different fixes for it. The carb is a good carb! Just need to tinker with it to get right.

Dan

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Sounds like the accelerator pump shaft may be sticking. Take your seat off and try to return it to idle by hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I belive i may found problem should have noticed earlier but the people put my engine
togather put a cr6 in i put cr8 and seems to have stoped hanging idle and runs smoother
will see hope it dont come back

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Still check the accelerator pump linkage. I had the umbrella seal go bad and it made it stick, and have a very high hanging idle unless I manually returned the wheel. If you ever need parts for it, ATV Galaxy is the only place you can get them now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts