Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Z does make an excellent bike for wheelies. Like the guy from Green Mountain Outlaws said in another post. You are the only person I've seen on the web who acknowleded that the Raptor can't do slow wheelies. It sputters and wants to stall. I tried like hell to figure out why, adjusting the float height and stuff but no luck. I did find out that if you turn the fuel off you can wheelie until you run out of fuel. Anyway I sold the Raptor and replaced it with a Z, And the wheelies are ON!!!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
LOL...ya, the Z is perfect for wheelies...im just learning to wheelie becuase my two other quads are utilities, and my old mojave had no 1st gear and 2nd was hard to wheelie in...just give it some gas, and the front end goes up...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Im still doing 1 gear at a time wheelies...ill do a 1st gear wheelie from a dead stop...or ill do one in 2nd gear as im cruising in 2nd...ive done a few in 3rd......my dad was surprized when i first did a 2nd gear wheelie in front of him after doing a jump...

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey i got my Z up in 5th gear, a few times, the trails i ride on here in NH are aold rail roads so there strait and flat, i was crusing along in 5th and saw a good size bump in the trail hit it, pulled up, and got a good 20 ft wheelie or so.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, it does come up easy :)
You actually have to be carefully of flipping it right over :):)

Anyone shifting through the gears while the front is up yet???

LOBE
~~~~

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would think it would be kind of hard to shift while doing wheelies, but the expert wheeliers do it all the time...ive seen a movie of a guy on a 400ex ride a wheelie for 2 miles...

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeh this quad wheelies so easy, i cant wait to see what it does when i drop a tooth in the front and put a pipe/jet kit on...

i was riding today and was turning around, and i fish tailed it and did a 180* and i got on the throttle real hard coming out of the slide and it pulled a wheelie and i only had the back right tire on the ground!

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My dad was riding my old mojave a while ago and he was doing a a doughnut in 3rd gear and as the motor started to stall, he went to shift into 2nd, but his atv is auto clutch so he forgot to use the clutch and pulled a wheelie while coming out of the doughnut...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used to get from a stop to 3rd on my Warrior so I can't wait to start practing on the Z. Z400 usually I would shift w/o the clutch but I don't plan on doing that to a brand new quad. It was just kind of hard to grab the clutch on the warrior cause it was such #@$%^ to keep the front end up. As for pulling wheelies out of a donut those are easier then they look I even got my Warrior to stand straight up a couple of times you just have to start pulling up coming out of the last donut. Those are so much fun to do I don't know what people call them if anything though.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
A kid that i go riding with every now and then has a moded warrior, when we first went riding, he came down to my house and we were talking about my Z and his warrior...i go over to his warrior pull in the clutch and it was hard to do it...it was very stiff...i told him that mine was really easy to pull in, even easier then the hydrolic clutch on my dads motorcycle...he goes over to pull in the clutch, he cant believe how smooth and easy it is to pull in the clutch on a Z...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't really tried any slow wheelies from a stop on the Z yet i'm waiting until about 20 hours before I start messing around with it. This past weekend I was going up a little hill and cracked the throttle and It came straight up :D I really love the fact that the front comes up so easily on the Z.

·
Registered
384 Posts
it wheelies really easy, almost too easy as you see in the 2nd pic lol. :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
One word...Ouch...LOL...that was a big wheelie...lol...i should try to get a pic or two of my wheelies...lol...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Wheelies are alot of fun. On pavement its so nice, you can be going in 2nd gear about 3/4 throttle and then hammer on it and the front pops up and then you sh ift into 3rd while riding the wheelie and the front almost comes back down and the motor starts to make enough power in 3rd to keep the wheelie going until fourth. Its so easy.

At my parents house I was praticing my wheelies and I went a little to far over and my grab bar chewed up the grass, no damage to the Z. I was sitting on the seat and holding the handle bars like I normally do but I was vertical !! It was funny, luckily no one was watching.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey,
i can ride a wheelei from dead stop in 1st to 3rd but what i found out form 2nd to 3rd is u have to have it almost in the blanace point to keep it up while shifting(with the clutch)

·
Registered
51 Posts
anyone tried doing bicycles on their Z yet? ive done it a couple times on my 300ex, and definetly not on purpose....

·
Registered
105 Posts
No but I did a unicycle on my Z by accident. I was coming out of a donut and tried pulling a wheelie out of the donut but I pulled back a little to early and I pulled a wheelie on the right rear for about 5 feet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts