Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Z400 Gusset Kit. It consist of 9 total pieces. The kit was purchased from kenny St. Clair of Morgantown Honda 304-296-9055. This kit cost $49.00 plus shipping, and it seems to be well worth the expense. I will be posting pics soon.

Contains:
1 - bottom plate to weld between frame tubing where lower A-arms Mount
2 - Shock Mount gussets
6 - frame gussets

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I wanna see this kit, see how it compares to my own gussets.

·
Registered
320 Posts
pics, the masses demand pics! (uninstalled, and installed please)
thanks
ac

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they are only available for the Z. Call to find out.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am in Canada I am guessing that place is in the states...?

THe long distance would be a killer plus the place probably wouldnt ship to Canada.... :disgust

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
im in let me see some pics ill probly be tearing my Z down soon anyway probly during the summer
: but im deffinatly interested

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing these too, and anyone who's made them for their quad for that matter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kenny and Morgantown Honda do excellent work. They did this same fabrication on Benson's Pro Production GNCC racer. Before the gussetting, I was told he was bending frames pretty badly. In addition to the gussetting, they do a nice conversion to clean up the electric start, kill switch, choke setup, etc. I've also talked to Kenny about fabricating a grill to eliminate the hedlight setup. However, he's been pretty busy lately.

Kenny

·
Registered
54 Posts
By the way, Morgantown Honda is located in Morgantown, West Virginia---about an hour and fifteen minutes south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
kennywayneracing for the head light aproy and 03' Z400 are designing and are going to make carbon fiber hoods

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
and these....increase the stregth of the frame?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
yes they will. they will make the shock tower mounts stronger and renforce the frame if you race or jump high

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will post Pics tomorrow. I raced today and I am exhausted. I have noticed that some of the gussets will need to be modified to work though.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
how easy to put on? where'd you get them? how much? haven't noticed any cracking in mine, but I just started racing MX last season and planning on doing it a lot more often this season, I think I will need them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts