Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nope...bummer

To answer my own question...no it is not adjustable. I took it apart - it is vacume operated and appears to require a needle change to adjust. Access is by taking off the tank - remove 2 phillips screws on top of carb - remove lid and spring, remove rubber, plastic unit. pull needle retainer out (white plastic tab inside) and slide needle out. There is only one clip position with a plastic spacer and metal washer. Maybe different spacers can be used to adjust.

·
Registered
379 Posts
No one has talked about this, but you can take the spacer on the top of the needle and place it at the bottom of the needle. This will help out your mid-range. Trinity did this mod to my bike and it made a difference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
WP,

Did you notice a loss anywhere else???

Top end???

Thanx

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Trinity setup did nothing but gain tremendous power. Even in the dyno sheet it shows nothing less than a 3hp or ftlb gain. Yosh's dyno sheet shows a loss of bottom end. After I rode it at the track it took an ugly fat chick to take the smile off of my face. I could lug it into turns and it would pull and pick up immediately. One time I approached a jump in fourth when I normally do it in third (I was in the wrong gear) and it instantly responded when I hit the throttle.

·
Registered
837 Posts
WP, are you refering to the needle or the whole set up and if you are how about just the needle after the initial pipe set up.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
379 Posts
When they handed it to me, all of the mods were done. They said that changing the needle spacer did improve the power output though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
What size jet did you end up at and at what elevation do you mainly ride at.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
379 Posts
I ride at sea level to 1000 ft and we ended up with a 165 main jet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts