Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
About 3 months ago, my quad started to give me some problems. It wouldn't want to electric start while the battery was fine. I was able to easily bump start it for the time being. I then got a new starter clutch and she was back to being good. Then, one day out of the blue, she didn't want to electric start again. This was about a week ago and again I have been bumping her no problem. We got a new starter clutch again, but when we pulled the old one out, it seemed fine. We sealed the engine back up and tried to electric start her again and still nothing. She is making a very similar sound as it did when it needed the new starter clutch and once she is going, she runs like a dream. I believe that I need a whole new starter but decided to ask some online professionals before anything else. One last thing, the gear between the engine side case and the starter gear cover is freely spinning. Is it supposed to do this or is it supposed to only spin in one direction like I previously remember?

Also, her name is Lucille for anyone wondering

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
Trying to remember, but it think it should spin either way. Any damaged teeth on that gear? Those Chinese knock-off starters on EBay have had decent reviews. New factory ones are pricey!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts