Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll I'm wondering what kind of quad I should get. I've narrowed it down to the Z400 and the Banshee. Which would you go for? Thanx in advance for the info.....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Well, you picked a couple of winners, that's for sure; but it really depends on what type of riding you do. If you'll be out duning it, or desert racing, go with the shee. If you're more into trail riding and stuff like that, go with the Z. All depends on what kind of riding you'll be doing. I have a Z and so does my girl and we love them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my dad had the some ? when he was buyin mine but we got the Z cause of revearse mainly and he and i like 4-strokes better.i would go with the Z because 2-strokes are begin banned

·
Registered
75 Posts
2-strokes will not literally be banned, it's like 3-wheelers...they are banned but people still ride them all the time...it's not like your going to get a hard time. Anyways it depends on what type of riding, I personally love the Banshee butt he Z is a nicer all aound quad. But the Shee is definantly faster (top end).

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I raced the local stock banshee amd I it hosed through every gear until I powered out in 5th and stopped gaining speed. Then his 6th gear took over and passed me. A banshee is slower but has a faster top end.

Also the banshee was new and so was the rider. Maybe I beat it so bad because of those reasons?

·
Registered
379 Posts
As said before, it depends on your riding. I have had both and they are completely different. In the open like dunes the Banshee rips on everything else and has more go fast goodies. On trails and especally at the track my Z whoops on the Banshees. They lack bottom end and have a weak mid-range. The Z did do well in the sand and it comes with a green sticker. If you but a new Banshee, it will come with a red sticker restricting riding time in the summer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I sold a 99 banshee with many mods and replaced it with a Z400. The banshee is awesome in the dunes and you can mod them and get all the power you need. I miss the power but at the end of the day I was wiped out. I can now ride all day on my Z400 and still have energy to do other things and no I am not out of shape. The power band on the shee is like a light switch and the Z's is very smooth. I mainly ride the dunes and am happy with my choice and will be happier after a few more mods.
Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts