Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Z is having problems running now. It will start with the choke all the way on but when i turn the choke off and i start to go it will die on me. After starting it with the choke on about 4 times it then wont even start with the choke on! Please any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
C'mon man, were not all mind readers! What mods have you done, what are the temps like in your area, have you done anything like pressure washed it, etc.. etcc..

It's like going to the doctor and saying "Doc, I fart too much. Why?"

;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Are you warming it up or just starting it up with the choke on and then turn it off it most likely will die on you. What I do is I leave the choke while it is warming up untill the poping stops out of the exauhst. Also the manual says that you should warm it up for 3 minutes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I let it warm up. It just started doing it all of the sudden. Any one think it could be the plug?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
is it idling high enough???? because of the slight lope, if it's not idling high enough it will kill the engine when engaging the throttle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now it wont start so i can set the idle :twisted: . This is really starting to w00ter me off!!!!!!! I got this Z in december and having problems already :(

G

·
C'mon man, were not all mind readers!  What mods have you done, what are the temps like in your area, have you done anything like pressure washed it, etc.. etcc..

It's like going to the doctor and saying "Doc, I fart too much.  Why?"

;)[/b]
Geeeez, scare the kid away before anyone gets a chance to help him....geeeez :cry:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
On the contrary. I was asking for help and trying to add a little humor (maybe too much on the "british" side for the young folk not familiar with the "Young Ones") to lighten it up.

We can try and diagnose problems all day, but in the end it probably will end up he's out of gas or needs to prime the carb or something simple :) It helps to know as MUCH as possible before trying to offer assistance. Sorry, just the programmer in me.

I did include a winky, though. ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i fixed it. It was the plug. I got a new one at it runs good now, thanx to everyone who tried to help me, I appriectate it. Oh yeah and another thing I havent been riding quads long and i know i dont know as much about quads as everyone else on here but I think i would know if it was out of w00tering gas. Ive had to teach myself everything I know about my quad. I don't have anyone in my household teaching me all about quads. I live with my mom and sister :roll: . So there you know why I dont know a lot about quads but I ride whenever I can and I love it. So thanx for all the help.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Great to hear, man. What was wrong with the plug? Was it fouled or something?

Don't take me asking for specifics personally. You really gave us nothing to go on as far as your quad or your knowledge of them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it was fouled. Hey man sorry about that last post, its been kind of a long day. So thanx for not taking any of it personally or anything. Thanx for your help BTW. Later man

·
Registered
278 Posts
its cool dude :D

thats what this site is for hehe.

once ya get used to the "personalities" around here, you'll be just fine :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem its all good. Im cool with everyone here. Oh hey guys BTW my oil drain plugs are still on so tight its starting to strip them when i try to drain my oil. Thanx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts