Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been a hot topic lately. I finally went to AutoZone today and got the part number.

Part number #156860 98090......they are $0.89 each

I think all you need is the 98090 number, but I listed everything on the receipt.

Compliments of '05GreenMachine' - Front wheel studs can be replaced by using the front wheel studs from an '03 Banshee. The only difference is the Banshee studs are black.

Also, for those of you who want replacement lug nuts for aftermarket style wheels (i.e. Douglas wheels) you can pick up the following part number at AutoZone.

Part Number #494879 983-110......they are $1.79 for a pack of 4.

Those nuts and studs are M10-1.25 and the nuts use a 14mm wrench/socket.

Another great find that I stumbled up are body clips!!! Yes, that's right, AutoZone has body clips that fit perfectly for a Z400...and they're cheap.

Part Number #493503 799-100......they are $2.79 for a package of 15!!!

I was pretty happy I found these parts, and hopefully the entire community can benefit from this find.

I'll get pics of each item up as soon as I can.

****EDITED FOR UPDATES****
I found out today that this part fits the engine drain plug. I took my engine case drain plug out and went to ACE to find a nut that fits, then went to Checkers and used the nut to make sure this drain plug fits.

I bought this from Checkers, but I think AutoZone also carries them.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Excellent info Crazie!

I'm starting to collect posts like this and putting it into Microsoft Word so I can refer to it quicker in the future.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
are these part numbers universal, like could i give them that number at a pep boys or somethin? i dont feel like driving an hour to auto zone to get 3 bucks worth of stuff

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
:schweet: THANK YOU CRAZIE !!!! :schweet:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm guessing the part number for the studs is the rear stud? Because the front stud, where it goes into the hub, is a bigger diameter. But, the threads are the same. I'm just curious because I stripped out one in the rear and one in the front, and I went to Autozone and got 2 studs that were the same as the stockers, and when I got them home to install, the rear went in in a snap, but the front took a bigger stud.

*EDIT*
I just read the title, and I saw that it said "rear wheel studs". So, this is just as a warning, as I don't want you guys to go to replace a front stud and end up with it not working.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To my knowledge, the part numbers are for AutoZone only. However, you could call up Pep Boys or Autozone and ask.

I haven't tried finding a front replacement yet. I've been fortunate enough that I haven't snapped one yet. If I do, the post will get an edit. Also, if anyone else finds a part number for the front, post it here.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Crazie, are these body clips Suzuki style, or more Honda style? The Suzuki ones don't last long, they wear out real quick. Either way, I'd rather get the Autozone ones at $2.79 for a pack of 15. I'd just stock up on em and get like 5 packs.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I added the pics into the post.

Thanks for the compliments guys...it makes the post well worth doing. :schweet:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by N.J.C.@Feb 8 2005, 06:15 PM
Pat yourself on the back Crazie. ;)
I do that all the time.
It's mainly because NormalZ refuses to do it. He's too frustrated looking for his tools that he keeps hiding in mysterious places (like a cooler).
:poke:

I know he'll read this. :blah

·
Registered
850 Posts
Great post Crazie, that will help alot. Thanks :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
great post....i've been waiting for this info....yeah baby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To keep from having to change out a wheel stud, does anyone know what the correct torque setting is for the wheel lugs?? I have looked online, and haven't had any luck finding any info. They treat the Suzuki service manual like it is top secret information....there isn't one online!! Thanks in advance for the help.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts