Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase full skid plates for my Z400 and was looking for feedback on diifferent types and manufacturers - I was considering the DG full chassis skid plate - anybody have any experience with these?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Check the other threads in the Performance section i think. Do a search. There's at least 4 or 5 regarding skids. The main concensus around here seems to be either the PRM or the Pro Armor.

AND welcome to the site!!! 8)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dont get DG, AC, or any .190's. get PRM which is .250 or Pro armor, that is stainless steel, but heavier, and more costly, but a little stronger. either way, PRM or Pro Armor are great for trails. I plan on getting Graydons, i want to try them out, but since i am only doing MX. i want wieght savings.

dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered the PRM last night - seems like they were getting the best feedback and with a .25" plate

·
Registered
975 Posts
Good choice, mine is still holding up well. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Install the new PRM skid plate today - went on with ease - no problems at all - bolted up in 5 locations - aligned perfectly - 1/2 hour project

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do the PRM or Pro-Armor skids lower the ground clearance of the rear? I need a new skid plate but don't want to sacrafice ground clearance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
proarmor's lowest point, compared to the stock skids' lowest point, is actually lower. the problem that people are having with proarmor's is that it doesn't have the "valley" that other skids have. pro armor is in the process of redesigning the skid plate to have this "valley."

·
Registered
75 Posts
pro-tect has the most ground clearance. they are stainless steel. that is what the pros use. only down fall it is $145
www.baldwinmotorsports.com/images/PROTECT_Z400/Z400_Skid3.jpg[/url]

·
Registered
582 Posts
stay away from pro-armor until the re-design. I cuss mine everytime the smallest of humps catch me. The valley is a must. I will give mine away
once the new version is out..........

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I'm beginning to agree about the AC's. First time out, put a big dent in it under the brake rotor. Almost hit the rotor. Well, I guess I gotta deal with it for a while, cuz I can't afford another right now... :cry:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pro Armor

Love my full Pro Armor protection. The swingarm skid does hit alot, but I know it will take all those hits. I ride on alot of open farmed fields and trails, I have actually began to enjoy the noise of rocks hitting my skidplates. I know that sounds f***ed up, but you just don't have to worry when Pro Armor is covering the bottom of your quad. Man, I sound like a commercial. See ya.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Im glad to hear Pro-Tect has one available now, they didnt have one for the Z yet when I got my PRM. It is holing up well, but I doubt it wil make it more than a year. I will definitely try a Stainless one next time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thrshr is wrong. The Pro Armor skid actually has more ground clearance than the stocker. I will be testing a new hardened version for Pro Armor on the 10th during a desert race. This will be my first desert race and it will be fun to beat the sh!t out of another skid plate. The hardened version will be an option and is supposed to be indestructible. We will see.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thrshr is wrong.  The Pro Armor skid actually has more ground clearance than the stocker.  I will be testing a new hardened version for Pro Armor on the 10th during a desert race.  This will be my first desert race and it will be fun to beat the *beep* out of another skid plate.  The hardened version will be an option and is supposed to be indestructible.  We will see.[/b]
how the hell am i wrong? i said the pro armor's a lower than stocks. :roll:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Exactly you big dummy. The Pro Armor is not lower, it is higher, thus giving it more ground clearance than stock. Do I need to draw you a picture?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Exactly you big dummy.  The Pro Armor is not lower, it is higher, thus giving it more ground clearance than stock.  Do I need to draw you a picture?[/b]
Roflmao. Actually bro, you could probably swing by Corel, and they'd more than likely be happy to comp a picture for YOU for free. hehehe

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the info fellas......this topic has been beneficial to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts