Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured the top speed of their z400? I was looking around and saw someone claiming 90 mph in another forum. I've only gotten 70-75mph and was wondering if this guy is b.s.ing or if something is wrong.

·
Registered
620 Posts
maybe he mad a typo, or he was going down hill in neutral.

·
Registered
794 Posts
That would be a big hill, i think the guy is on speed so he thinks hes going faster than he really is.

Later

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
That would be a big hill, i think the guy is on speed so he thinks hes going faster than he really is.

Later[/b]

I would have to agree...
:

But a stock 400ex goes round 63 stock (on avearage) and a Z has a little more top end power so I would say maybe around 67? That sound good? Im just takin a guess but for a broke in stock machine that is haulin some balls. Just think bout it, you could be runnin the speed limit on an interstate.
: Wouldnt the cops love that one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
stock Z's are supposed to run 70-80 out of the box according to my dealer

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Looking at the dyno graphs you see all the power signs off after 7000 rpm, if the power climbed steadily or if it never dropped off then the Z would keep gaining speed until it revved it. I think a pipe changes the powerband to a steady increase in power till the rev limiter. So if you were to get a pipe it would go alot faster. Then you get the rev limiter increased to 11,500 rpm and then you got lots of speed. Pump up the tires to 5 psi, higher gearing and you would probably get 85 mph out of her.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
With the engine work that has been done to date on this engine, it was very easy to hit the rev. limiter before you were ready to shift. I used a wire harness from a DRZ400, a wire harness from a LT400Z, and a CDI for the DRZ400 from Yoshimura to move the rev. limit to 11,000 RPM. This was very expensive but was worth the money and time for the usable power that it added. Yoshimura is expecting to have a Cam, CDI, and Valve spring kit available by July sometime. Tentative price for this kit is $730.00. You will be able to buy this kit thru G T thunder or any Yoshimura dealer.  [/b]

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am pretty light and i go 70.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
stock has always been argued to be between 68-72 mph, or thereof. mine, being built, can do over 90. I can run 15/40 sprocket on 22" tires and hit the rev limitor at 11,600 rpm..... I believe thats put it at the 90 mph ballpark, but never did have a gps or like device to measure real speed.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
If the dealer says it goes 80 mph out of the box.... what he really ment was out
of the box and on the trailer hooked up to your truck doing 80 mph going home. :wave

·
Registered
392 Posts
stock has always been argued to be between 68-72 mph, or thereof. mine, being built, can do over 90. I can run 15/40 sprocket on 22" tires and hit the rev limitor at 11,600 rpm..... I believe thats put it at the 90 mph ballpark, but never did have a gps or like device to measure real speed.[/b]
According to the calculator your top speed should be around 113.7mph.

DAMN!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I weigh 100 pounds.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Originally posted by Havnfun@Sep 12 2004, 07:18 PM
I weigh 100 pounds.
good for u dude, i am 147 ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts