Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a part number for a twist throttle yet? Such as Motion Pro kit. Has anybody put one on yet? What is involved? Do you need to remove the plastic, tank or what? Does the cable need to be replaced as well. Looks kinda of tight in there.
sanojoe

·
Registered
773 Posts
motion pro now makes twist kits for the Z, but you have to call them directly to order since the kit is too new. they have the vortex style (faster pull ratio)or the cr style (slower pull ratio), if anyone is interested.their number is 650 594 9600

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aproy: any install tips?

·
Registered
773 Posts
you have to replace the whole cable (comes with the throttle)

i guess the main tip would be to be sure and keep the cable as straight as possible, no kinks, this would be bad and it is really easy to forget and just sinch some plastic part right over the cable.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's coming Part# and info enclosed

Here is an email I recieved a few weeks back direct from Motion Pro. I believe they are still a couple weeks from releasing the product.

"We do not currently have stock on this item. A part number has been set up...For a Vortex kit, number is 01-0562 for $65.00. This will be a quick-turning race-type application. Another will feature our CR type throttle, number will be 01-0563 for $41.20. Cables should be available for these kits in 3-4 weeks."

Hope this helps. I'm wanting to switch bad. I had one on my warrior and I loved it.

Kevhead
Zoom400

·
Registered
890 Posts
twist grip

I got the first one from motion pro ... one week after the 400z was released ... it was a turbo model ... been using it aprox 2 monts now ... works great!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: twist grip

I got the first one from motion pro  ... one week after the 400z was released ... it was a turbo model ... been using it aprox 2 monts now ... works great![/b]
michiganmadman: Any special install tips? Do you need to remove any plastic? Access to the carb looks very limited at best. Any pointers? Did the kit come with install instructions for the Z?
sanojoe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts