Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the four stroke world.... i pulled flywheel cover off last weekend and ordered a new fly wheel, starter clutch, and stator because there had been some banging around in there. ( bolts sheered off from clutch and flywheel ) i replaced the flywheel and starter, and put old stator back in because i am impatient and want to ride. ( somehow my new stator from miami ended up in Memphis Tn) so i put back together and figured it ran with bad stator before. but now i cannot get it to fire..... i have spark to the plug and fuel in the tank... power to all electricals..... but just spins over and over. at a loss... any help. thanks.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You put the key in in the crank, right? If not your spark will be out of time. Otherwise I would just wait till you get all your parts. Also I'm guessing you did locktite the bolts so they don't fall out again!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you sure fuel is getting to the carb?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We pop started it today with another quad and it fired. Idle for about 30 seconds then when i tried to give gas it just conked out.... I tried to hit the starter button again and it was free spinning like it did before i replaced the items mentioned. I broke it down again the keyway was broken allowing flywheel to freespin around shaft... :( i have no idea what is going on.... and i'm guessing it's getting gas because it fired when pop started. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And MudSlinger11: I purchased a flywheel/ starter clutch assembly. So i'm assuming THEY would have done it. Whats the torque spec on the bolt holding flywheel on.?

·
Registered
202 Posts
So did it damage anything when it broke the keyway? If not then all you need is a keyway and your probably good, most likely it messed other stuff up. Do yourself a favor and get a manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts