Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
zracer has started preparing for the next gncc season. he has 2 z400's set up (or will be) for gncc competition. he has worked hard all year testing...designing and preparing for the upcoming season. he raced 4 gncc's last year finishing with a 2nd, two 3rd's and a 4th place finish. not too bad for shaking down a new quad :) he races the 4stroke-mod class in the gncc series...his number this year will be #200.

we started actual teardown today. this was the first z400 i have stripped down. it was kinda cool, and for those that say its just a 400ex copy....negative. i saw a ton of differences with the chassis. the frame will be gusseted this week and be fitted with a honda style swing arm and complete honda axle set up. he has run this set up all year and it has worked flawlessly. the frame will then be powdercoated and even some chrome plating will be thrown in to give the Z a killer look.

the engine will be sent out in the next week or so for a teardown and rebuild. i believe he is staying with a stock bore but extensive work will be done to the head....also the cam and etc that the builder suggests. (im sure he will chime in and give you the specifics.)

so here we go....i will update this thread as we progress. i hope you enjoy 8)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the test quad....this quad will be used as a back up for the gncc races and be the primary quad for all the local races

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to his main sponsor...BURGARD ENGINEERING for the use of his facilities. he will be keeping the Z there for a week or so....designing new a arms ...swing arm, steering stem and hinson style side cases for the z400's

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Zracer r u going to sell the +2 a arms secnce you are setting them both up to gncc

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think he is working on his new house...but if i remeber correctly he sold them....but he may have more sets at the shop
:

i was able to help him test out a new rear works shock...a prototype from works. it was awesome. whenever i have ridin his Z the pro series works have preformed flawlessly
:

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
that's pretty nice for a "practice" quad, can't wait to see the real one

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thats one nice Z.
Are those hiper wheels?[/b]
yep....and he just recieved hiper as a sponsor for 2003 :D[/b][/quote]

Did he earn the sponser on that quad or another ? Or did he just get a sponser for him as a racer in genreal not on a certain quad in a certain class I dont know much about sponserships

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'm also curious about sponsorships, cause I talked to the owner of the track I raced at last year said a lot of sponsors were gonna be at the track next year, they just look at you, see your skills and say, "hey, if you put our stuff on your bike and put our stickers on your bike and win, we'll pay for it all" and I'd be like "WOOOHOOOO"

**sorry for getting off topic, but this will be happening to me one day(hopefully, lol
: ) and I wanted to know how it's all gonna go 8)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
some companies will only sponsor or back a certain brand...while others will nix it up. more importantly to a sponsor is that you are visable to a large number of possible buyers and that you promote yourself and thier products/company in a fashion that is good in nature. the class you race in is very important. its a sad fact...but not to many people watch the beginner and c class racers. pro, a & b are where the action seems to be so sponsors normally will target them.

zracer one a championship on a 400ex. he has been racing the Z since early last year. we hope to win the 4stroke mod class in the gncc series this year.(what did ya want me to say...that we want last...lmao) he has promoted himself to sponsors and backed it up with solid race results. each year we will get stronger. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
How many wins would you need to get a sponser and do you ask the sponser or does the sponser ask you?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wins are only a small portion of what sponsors look for. ofcourse...you win a championship and it will be easier to obtain sponsors

1 - 20 of 49 Posts